Monday, August 14, 2006

Three Mountain Camp #5

These few pictures are just views around the camp. Like I said, it's pretty hot and dry. There's a lot of gravel, but some areas of grass. There's a really nice area for softball. There is a volleyball net set up and basketball goals. They have all the balls for these games. Jamie just bought a soccer goal for Grace, so they could bring that. Russell has horse shoes he plans to bring. I also thought we'd bring card and board games to play in the dining hall or wherever. I have us signed up for trail rides for the adults that want to do that. They have 16 horses, so if more of us than that want to do it they will do one at 8:00 one morning and the 2nd at 9:00. They like to do those in the early mornings before it gets too hot. They have pony rides for the little ones. I also signed us up for a hayride one evening. All of these activities are included in the price. I asked if it would be OK if we brought water toys (swimming pools, slip & slide, etc) for the kids and they said that's fine. That is the one drawback of this camp. They don't have a swimming pool. There is a nice pool in Clifton which is about 7 miles down the road from the camp if any of the adults wanted to go swimming. They also have lots of hiking trails and the kids will probably enjoy that.
The total cost for the 3 nights if all of us come is $1875. That's $375 per family unit. I paid our $375 as the down payment. I asked when they needed the rest and they said we could just bring it when we came or send it a little early if we wanted to. We'll talk about that later.
I also thought that as far as a meal Thursday night, since we'll all be getting there at different times it would be easiest if we just stopped at one of the fast food places in Clifton and brought dinner out for our family. There is a Dairy Queen, a chicken place and a Sonic. That leaves 4 meals to prepare. That's lunch and supper Friday and lunch and supper Saturday. I also asked if they have a grill we can use and they do. I figure we'll do it like we did year before last and have our family responsible for one meal, Glenn and Vickie's family responsible for one meal, Cindy and Mike's family responsible for one meal and Debbie Sue, Julie and David responsible for one meal.
I realize that a lot of us can't plan this far in advance, but also thought knowing about it this far in advance might help to plan to be there. Anyway, whether or not everyone is able to be there I told the owners we will pay as if everyone is going to be there. That was really the only way to do it. I hope everyone is OK with what I've done. I can't believe I took control and just did it. That's so unlike me!!!
Hope everyone can plan to be there with this much notice. It should be fun (and hot! ha).

No comments: